Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Friday, March 30, 2012

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT

It is burning up here. Everyday seems to be hotter than the last. I sweat all day in the afternoon I jump into a baby pool fully clothed to cool off. Then use my wet clothes as a cooling rag an hour later. The night showers and a fan are the only ways I can get to sleep at night. It is almost too hot!

I am moving tomorrow! I will be going to none of the previous options. I will be moving to a home with an older woman 60's and her two grandchildren. A girl in high school and a little one i would say 4. The woman seems very talkative and open I am very happy and think that this will be a good change. They have so many animals which i love but little to no roosters or chickens! NO being waken up at 1:30 at night or 4 in the morning! My room has it's own entrance into the house and a window. There is another room with AC that i can go into if i need a desperate cool off. A huge kitchen which I will be cooking all of my meals.

I am using this time to start over in my service and to do things the way i would have wanted it to go before. I am taking the time to get out of the house more and meet new people. Start a few groups and be a real volunteer. I am going to put more of an effort into socializing with the family. I always think it is my fault that things didn't work out with my first family. If I only did this or that, things would have been better. But there is no point in playing the 'If I' or 'I should have' game. The past is the past and can't be changed. One can only learn from your mistakes and successes and make the present and future the best that it can be. I'll have more info after the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment