Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A down moment

One week of school has past. Most of my teacher are really good and don't seem to need my help. I still have to pick which three i want to work with. I love my second school. The kids are really good and seem to want me there. They taught me some children games and have been begging me to play with them every break. The teacher is also really nice and she could use some help as well. Imagine teaching 1-6 alone it is pretty busy in that one room class.

I find that i am feeling as though i am pleasing everyone else but me. I am doing alot of things in the school but my passion is not teaching. I want to do more environmental things I have to find a way to fit more of that in. The problem is that i don't know what the problems are. I have asked my host mother and she gave me a list of some things. I think i will use this and do a survey to give to the town. Then I can contact Peace Corps for more help on how to improve this. I want to plant trees on the road side. I just don't have to skills right now to implement things. It is frustrating and I'm not really loving it like i should. I find that Africa was a better fit for me skill wise. It's not that i don't' like it per-say but it's not was i was expecting. I know i have to make my service the way i want to and i will just have to put the effort in to do what i want to do. I knew that things will change i just wish it would change faster.

Love you all miss you and even thought this blog is negative i do like it here and do have fun. I don't want anyone to worry. All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment