Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Monday, February 13, 2012

1st day of school

Wow two posts in one month I never thought i would be abe to do that. So lets see I got a kitty. His name is Miles. He is just over a month old or so i think I´m not positive since the other volunteer wasn´t sure how old he was. He is a gray cat with black stripes. He is very mischivous and a bit necio or doesn´t behave. He eats a lot not sure of that is normal or not oh well if he is hungary i will let him eat. He is very adourable and I love him dearly even if he can drive my crazy at times. He is also cuddlely when he wants to be. He will climb up my leg which isn´t all that comfortable and then eather say there for a few seconds and jump off to do it again 5 min later. Or mead his claws into me as i pet him. He will then roal over and begging to bat at my hand playing. Sometimes he even sleeps on me!

Today was the first day of school which was nothing like the USA. We had a party with 6 pinatas music dancing and fun. Then the kids went back to class to copy down their scedule for the year. I will be working with four teachers in this school 3-4th grades. I will be going to my second school two days of the week and working in a school that is 1-6th grade this should be intresting. I´m a bit nervious since i have little to no teaching experiance but the teacher is great and will help me as much as she can. I am not very excited to start real classes which hopefully will be tomorrow unless it´s another party. One of my teachers won´t be there which is fine with me sinve I have her class friday.

TEPCI was horrable so very boring they only talked about what to teach the next two months and had this discussion that I didn´t understand. Pat another volunteer and I left early to do errens. I found out that the woman at the Ciaro story or the store where I bought my modem gave me the wrong one. So I had to return again with all fo my information to get the right one. I am trying to do that now but it is closed i will have to try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment