Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Second training site

Hola todos,

I am currently in my next trainning site which I am at for three days. I am almost done and will be going to my site on Thursday! I can´t wait. It is really hard to use a Spanish keyboard! Miss my computer but it is packed away. I really like my family here but time seems to be going really slowly and i just want to get started.

I have some great ideas for my site. I want to start a recycling program and trash collection. I want to build a park for the children to play maybe in the school. I want to plant more trees at the school and surrounding areas. There is a serious lack of trees and shade. I also want to get some other volunteers to start a small buisness compotition where youth from there towns come up with an idea for a product and how they could sell this product. Then they will come together and compete for the best product the winners get some money to start up their busness. I don´t know how this will turn out but I hope that I get to try it. I want to start a youth group the first few months there doing manualidades or crafts using trash. Like baselets, bags, earing ect. We have to do a youth group anyways so I might as well do soemthing like that. Let see what else. I want to learn more about the womans group in town and what they are doing maybe i can help out.

Classes I guess and going well but i don´t feel like I am going to get much out of it that i couldn´t get from the village. Maybe some pronounciation stuff that thats is about it. But that will be very useful so it is a good thing in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment