Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Well update on everything that is going on with the volcano and evacuation. We are still all stuck and the volcano is still erupting and the sulfur is doubled reading and there are a few new blockages. This was caused by the explosion blocking three of the gas vents. There is a fear that there will be more blockages. This is creating pressure to build up and might explode to release this blockage. I am safe but restless. We were in Managua the capital since Sat and just got the permission to travel to other areas not the costs, Atlantic area and near the volcano. So at least I am not stuck in Managua anymore. Isn't fun to have a all paid vacation. I am with a bunch of friends and we are having a blast. I don't think i will be going back soon.

I really miss my site and I just hope that things are still going to be running when i get back. Like my English class and my manualidades class. I want to get involved with my teachers classes again. I was to implement a test but I fear that i will not be able to do that. I also have a lot of ideas to do with the kids and i need to get there to do them. You can't change things so I just have to make the most of this situation. I am also meeting a lot of new people and getting some ideas from them. My planning has not stopped at least. I jsut have to get back soon to implement these ideas.

Love you all and miss you. XOXO

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/nicaragua.html

No comments:

Post a Comment