Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Well hi everyone this was an interesting week I fell out of a animal pulled cart luckily it wasn't moving and i only skinned my leg up really bad. I have a nasty bruise to prove it. Ok this is what happened I got into the cart first to have my sister get in and i fell as the cart tipped in. Next i ran a shovel into my foot while i was working on my garden. I scrapped my hand against the wall when my sister tried to trap me in the room. i got the common cold, and what i think might be a urinary track infection. My heal hurts for about two weeks now. I have no idea why i just work up and it was hurting. I broke my glasses once again not sure how just work up and they were all wonky. I have been having diarrhea and i threw up on the bus so i might have a parasite.  My brother is driving my crazy just a really bad kid. My cat scratched me up because he hates motos and i had to bring him home from my friends house. Over all i'm doing well. 


i got my garden is going along well I got the ground dug up and mixed. I have a fence ready put up just have to do the door and then i can plant i am really excited about that can't wait to have yummy food. I am also happy about how great my family is. 


It is school vacation and it is nice not to have to wake up for classes. I sometimes feel very useless here like what am i really doing here. I go to school and do nothing sometimes i help out the teachers in math and i have a lesson planned but usually don't get to do it because the teacher changed the schedule or just doesn't do my lesson. So i sit there doing nothing. then I go home and do some lesson stuff and try to find something to do. Once again it's usually nothing. I play with the kids in the house and work on my garden or some other mundane thing. I go see a few people in site when I feel moved to but over all i do nothing. It is very frustrating and makes you feel useless. I hope that things speed up eventually because this gets old really fast. 


Even though I am having an interesting time I do love it here. The people are great and the work that I am doing is fun. I am glad to be a volunteer it is just not what i expected. Love you all until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry your accident and I hope you get better soon. I admire the work done by volunteers worldwide. I think the solidarity shown by the most necesitadoses a glimmer of hope. Greetings

    vniversitas.over-blog.es

    ReplyDelete