Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Monday, September 12, 2011

One week in still going strong! (with some set backs)

MY COMPUTER IS FIXED FOR THE TIME BEING BUT I CAN'T SEE IT LASTING FOR THE WHOLE TWO YEARS.

It's really cute i have two little girls watching me type they are fascinated by it.

So I have been here a week now and I still like my village. My family is nice but i find it hard to start a conversation with them. Mama is very overbearing and acts alot like well a mom. Fancy that. LOL It can get very annoying at times but it is nice to know that she worries about me. The food is good but I'm getting sick of gallo pinto or beans and rice. There is at least a veracity of other foods that i get through out the day. Like sopa de pollo and their version of hamburger with is not a hamburger by the way. The food is very greasy here as well. A lot of fried stuff. Apparently chunky is healthy and good looking in their eyes. They keep trying to get meat on my bones! I can't eat a whole plate full of food lol. Oh well i try but i don't stuff myself and get sick.

My classes are ok, i am in the second to lowest group and the lowest in my group but i am learning alot. I can see the difference when i talk. At least when i'm having a good day. Today was long and hard but i'm sure tomorrow will be better. That is just what happens here. We get a new teacher which i am looking forward to not that i don't like my teacher but i'm really for a new person. She is not what i would call my favorite teacher but i could have worst.

We have visit the school and i saw the class that i am to teach. I will visit it observe next week which i am looking forward to. We are trying to get a group of jovenes (teens) to have a good to teach them about recycling. However no one showed up. We are now trying to get people through the schools and talking to people on the streets. It was discouraging but that happens. Try and try again that should be the Peace Corps motto. Lets just hope we do better next time.

The weather here is strange it rains for like a few minutes to and hour the sunny. But rains most night really scary at times since the roof is a tin roof and it is really loud. Thunderstorms are the worst since they stay right over you and are really loud. I had one a few days after i got here and thought the house was going to blow over! All was well but i hugged my teddy all night long.

I went to the beach yesterday it was beautiful and soo much fun. I can't remember the last time i was there. I really want to learn how to surf! I have fish which was great and the first seafood i had. It was also cool to see different parts of Nicaragua. I have also been to the lookout over the lagoon that i close to my village. But i haven't been in it that is my next goal.

So i'm going to write my typical day for you guys:
6:30-7:00 wake up
7:00-7:50 get ready and eat breakfast
8:00-12:00 Spanish class
12:00-1:00 lunch
1:00-3:00 Spanish activities in my village
3:00-4:00 rest aka me time
4:00-6:00 talk with the family and watch tele novelas
6:00-7:00 dinner
7:00-8:30 Homework and more talking
9:00 Sleep!

Wow that was hard to do in English keep wanted to type in Spanish. I guess that i a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment