Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Sunday, September 4, 2011

In my village

Well today is my first full day in my village. I am a bit homsick being away from all of the othervolunteers. There are four of us in the village doing training together. We all are fairly closetogether but it´s not the same as a room together. I am really confused with this keyboard. It isan english keyboard with spanish placement of letters. I have to try different buttons to get theright combination to write what I want. Still can´t find the at key lol. Anyways i got off course.

My village is a small village a little bit away from Masay which is a about 40km from managua. Itis not too noisy however the church likes to shoot off these loud gun like noices at random times through out the day! Very loud and annoying it shoocks me everytime. My family finds it reallyfunny. It is also a very safe town I have already checked in with the police to inform them of mylocation and time of stay in the town to make sure i am safe. There is also no post office so i don´t know how i´m going to write a letter i´m sure that Peace Corps can help with that.

My family, I have a Mama and three sisters two of which are twins. Which i can´t tell apartluckily we just call them twins so i don´t really need to tell them apart. I sometimes wonder ifthey ever get tierd of being called that are wish they had more of a separate indentity. Maybe i will ask them sometime when my spanish is better. I really like my family, they are all reallypaticent with me while i strugle through spanish. They encourgage me to talk although it is hardto get a work in edgewise with Mama. Then she wonders why i don´t talk lol.

Elections are happening soon so it is intresting to see all of the campaining that is going on. I amnot alowd to get involved with the election at all of really talk about it with people. But there are trucks that go through town with loud speakers that broadcast the runnering ideas andinfromation with a flag. It happens a few time a day very intresting. To bad I don´t understandwhat is being said. I don´t see alot of stuff about it on TV at all but that could be because of thestations that are on at home.

has so Training is ok a bit bording. I learned alot of it in Niger but it won´t hurt to learn it again or thatis what i keep telling myself. I find it hard to not fall asleep through some of the lectures. However the people are really nice and i´m finding i´m making alot of new friends. Class so farbeen easy but i know it will get harder later. Right now i just need to talk and get betterwhich is easier said than done. We have a rule that we volunteer came up with no english exseptfor certain times of day. So far with have been somewhat succesful but then we only had one daygive us time. Everything is still new we will get there soon.

Nicarague is beautiful with lakes everywhere and beautiful greenary and volcanos. Reallydiferent than Niger and the Us. Still hace alot to learn about the culture and life here. I will learneventually. It rains strangely here sort of like how it is in New Orleans. A little bit of rain for a short amount of time then sun. So you really don´t need an umbrella beacuse you can just wait itout.

So my computer is broken and i´m running out of time on this computer. I will have to finishsoon. Peace Corps is seeing if they can fix my computer is not i will just use my kindle or publiccomputers. IT will have hard to do my homework since i need to read stuff online but peacecorps with figure soemthing out. So i can´t spell check since everything is spanish so i´m sorry from all the bad spelling. Love you all and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment