Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Brombeck

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So I can't add a slide show of pictures but if you go onto my facebook there will be an album for you guys. I did my last LPI and got intermediate low which is not what i needed. However Peace Corps is letting me swear in anyways. Since i learn the best in an immersion environment and showed a determination to learn the language. I will be having a language trainer with me to help me if i need it for two weeks. I will be retested in two weeks to make sure i get intermediate mid. But I'm swearing in and becoming a full volunteer!! I was so scared that i wouldn't be able to. Swear in is on the 30th and i move to my ville on the 2nd.

Christmas here was a blast I'm part of the committee and we had Christmas caroling. Made an amazing meal of sauteed vegetables, chicken, cake, cookies, fruit salad and bread. We did secret santa and decorated a chalk tree that was written on the blackboard. We had movies playing and games going all night. Along with a dance party! The next morning we had a pancake brunch and pizza for lunch.

Tell you more later. Love you miss you.

1 comment:

  1. OK, time for Mama to celebrate! WooHoo! Isis is now an official Peace Corps volunteer!

    Alton and I couldn't be more proud. We know that the training has been rigorous and challenging for you. And that you still need to prove yourself proficient in Hausa to be effective.

    Oh - Isis gave us a new mailing address as she'll move to her village on January 2.

    Corps de la Paix, BP 291 Maradi, Niger, West Africa.

    ReplyDelete